Benita Jones Discusses Remote Work Issues for College & University Employees
The work-from-home environment remains a daily reality for millions of Americans, now a year into the COVID-19 pandemic. For employers, while work-from-home has allowed businesses to continue to function, it presents a variety of complex regulatory and compliance challenges.
Womble Bond Dickinson attorney Benita Jones discussed these challenges and possible solutions at a recent National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) webinar. The “Remote Work: Policies, Benefits, Taxes and other Regulatory and Compliance Considerations” presentation took place March 10.
Nixon Peabody attorney Tara Eyer Daub joined Jones for the March 10 presentation, which included a look at:
- Remote work policies and practices,
- Payroll and benefits administration across state lines,
- Tax implications of a multi-state workforce, and
- Other regulatory and compliance issues implicated by remote work.
- More than 800 participants from across the country attended the event.